Got questions? Send ‘em on!
Are there professional standards for the coaching industry?
Coaching is an unregulated industry so, sure, folks can just hang a shingle and off they go. But there are code of ethics, core competencies, accreditation processes and an International Coach Federation (industry association) that promotes the advancement of coaches. I participate in these because I’m 100% dedicated to being the most helpful coach I can be. To learn more about our professional standards, visit coachfederation.org/ICF/
How will I know you are the right coach for me?
Great question! With so many coaches out there, we all have the luxury of finding the one that fits us to a T. When we get together to do an initial sample session, part of what we’ll do is see how the connection feels. It’s a time for you to ask yourself whether my NoBS, laughter-filled approach the right one for you, or whether you might do better with someone who speaks fluent spreadsheet or simply speaks your language more fluently. The great part is that whatever is right for you is just right. Plain and simple!
How is coaching different than therapy?
While coaching and therapy use the similar techniques of using deep listening, powerful questions, and tapping into the client’s inner wisdom, therapy is most often focused on leaving in the past what needs to stay in the past. Coaching is about learning how to move past the obstacles and into the future where our dreams and goals lie.
How is coaching different than consulting?
In a nutshell, consultants are the experts in the room. In coaching, the client is the expert. I worked in a consulting role for several years before transitioning to coaching, and a big part of my decision had to do with the way that coaching empowers clients while consulting can sometimes lead to a sort of disempowerment or dependency. Don’t get me wrong: consultants have their time and place. In fact, if in the coaching relationship, a moment of consulting would be more direct and helpful than coaching, I’ll switch hats, but I’ll made it very clear that’s what I’m doing.
How do I get started in the coaching process?
Step 1 is to get in touch with me! We’ll schedule a free sample session so you can get a taste of my NoBS coaching approach and to learn more about the nuts and bolts of a coaching relationship.
What can I expect from you as my coach?
You can expect me to:
- Be a partner in bringing out your most authentic, powerful self.
- Provide a safe and completely confidential environment in which you can relax and explore.
- Listen to you carefully and deeply.
- Offer questions, insights and moments of intuition to help you expand your view of what is possible and uncover your own questions, insights and intuition. (However, I’m not attached to being right and will look to you for that feedback as we go.)
- Be an ongoing resource to you as you work toward accomplishing your goals and creating an even more fulfilling, authentic life.
What will you expect from me in our coaching relationship?
I will expect you to:
- Define and commit yourself to goals that are truly meaningful to you and come from your core self.
- Arrive at each session on time, prepared (including having completed the Call Strategy form) and open to two-way, honest dialog.
- Take personal responsibility for your progress and accomplishments, your decisions and results.
- Keep me fully informed about what is and is not working for you in our coaching relationship.
Can I contact you between appointments?
You’d better! Email, text, even call – whatever it takes to keep working, keep deepening our relationship, keep working toward your goals throughout our time together. Use the forms to record successes so I can celebrate with you, frustrations so I can commiserate and help, and any and all questions you may have for me.
What if I sign up for this and decide it is not right for me? Do you have a money back guarantee?
You bet. I call it my “participate and get your money back” guarantee. If within the first month of our relationship you show up to the calls and participate fully in the coaching process, you can simply let me know this is not working for you and I will completely refund your money. However, if you don’t make our meetings, you don’t utilize the forms, don’t follow through with your end of the bargain, I won’t refund your money because the coaching process didn’t get a fair shake.